Friday, July 1, 2011

First Blog Post!

Howdy folks! If you're reading this first post I'll assume that you know me either IRL or digitally (like TRON!), so I won't bother with the introductions and plugging of the website. I'd been thinking of starting up a blog for a looong time, something that would FORCE me to post drawings more frequently. I thought of making a "drawing-a-day" type blog, but frankly I'm pretty lazy at times and that seemed like a lot of work. I wasn't sure if I could stick to a daily drawing routine, what with my hectic schedule of naps and TV. Plus, what happens if I go out of town or something like that? Would I feel pressure to post even when I'm away on vacation? I'd have a hard time trying to find somewhere to upload a new blog posting every day, I don't even have a cellphone for Chrissakes! Not like I've had a real vacation in years, but you get the idea.

I had sorta been maintaining my Deviant Art page as a kind of blog. But sometimes it seems like a chore to follow all of the goings on over there. Digging through the anime and furry art to get to the good stuff on DA can be trying at times too. Also I've been getting really irritated with a handful of people who can't take a little caricature of someone that they admire and think an appropriate adult response is name calling and threats of violence. So I'm gonna take my ball and go home! Nah, I'll still check in over there on pretty much on a daily basis, but only to see what my pals over there are doing!

Anyway, I'll be posting all kinds of stuff here: doodles, photos, sketches, and updates on works in progress. I've got some pretty cool stuff I'll be working on in the coming weeks for my pals over at the Mellow Mushroom that you'll definitely wanna check out, and several recently completed paintings to post that my pals Marc and Jed are shooting for me as we speak. But for now, I'll just post an oldie but a goodie, something to start of this whole blog thing on the right foot, my own little website mascot, Bad Bunny.

 

Hope you're all doing well!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tron, Sark here. :B

    You know, it's not a bad idea to do the sketch a day plan, I'm trying to do the same thing (read: *trying*). It's a challenge but it'll totally be worth the effort, plus you never know what good will come of it!
    Also, totally with you about the dA drama. One of the upsides of having your own blog to post to, you make the rules in your own clubhouse. Downside? Getting people to watch your damn page lol

    I know you'll kickass though!

    ReplyDelete